How to Make a Drawstring Bag with Lining with Chic n Scratch, Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Angie Juda
I’ve made several versions of my Drawstring Bag and this one has a fluffier top and it’s much larger. And…it has a lining. I love the puffy top – don’t you?
To make this large Drawstring Bag with directional fabric you need to cut your fabric to measure 15″ x 15″ and you need two for the front fabric and two for the lining (and two of the interfacing).
Speaking of directional fabric – this bag would have upside down animals on the back side if I made it like my previous version. So, if you use directional fabric, follow this tutorial for any size you want.
The fabric I choose is for Olivia (for Easter) and the name is – It’s a Girl by Echo Park – Riley Blake Designs. I loved it so much that I bought a whole bolt of two of the patterns from the Fat Quarter Shop.
Drawstring Bag with Lining Video
CLICK HERE TO WATCH DRAWSTRING BAG WITH LINING VIDEO
CLICK on the picture below to Print the Instructions.
These are the supplies I used to make the drawstring bag.
- Bernina Sewing Machine 350
- Twill Tape – https://amzn.to/3NcKrAX
- Creative Grids 12-1/2” x 24-1/2” Ruler – https://amzn.to/3sAmVWF
- Creative Grids 4-1/2” x 8-1/2” Ruler – https://amzn.to/3NcKvkb
- Quilting Safety Pins – https://amzn.to/3wuSIti
- Ruler 2.5” x 8” – https://www.missouriquiltco.com/products/missouri-star-25-x-8-ruler
- Aurifil Thread – https://amzn.to/3NbbvRd
- Pins – https://amzn.to/3n33ki2
- Rotary Cutter – https://tinyurl.com/bdf59hbv
- 10. Bodkin – https://tinyurl.com/fk8wt37h
- 11. Pilot Friction Erasable Ink Pens – https://amzn.to/3YY62mq
- 12. Mini Ironing Board – https://amzn.to/3LCA640
- 13.Wool Ironing Mat – https://amzn.to/3ZX9sqT
- 14.Iron – https://amzn.to/3yMAjdc
- 15. Clips – https://amzn.to/42mv0yD
- 16. Scissors – https://amzn.to/3JR9UBa
- 17. It’s a Girl by Echo Park Riley Blake Designs
- 18. Pellon 931TD
- The Chic n Scratch labels were purchased online at the Dutch Label Shop.
I get ask a lot “how I cut my fabric yardage?” because I never show cutting it in my videos. So, I filmed a video on “How I cut Fabric Yardage” and posted it on my Sew Chic n Scratch channel on YouTube. (So, what’s up with a new channel? It’s an old channel that was previously just my name and it has some older videos on it but not many. And, I can post videos over there without fearing that everyone will unsubscribe. But, I’m still posting my sewing project videos on my main channel. Does that make sense? If not let me know and I’ll try again.)
CLICK HERE TO WATCH – HOW TO CUT FABRIC VIDEO
Don’t forget I’ll be sharing a paper crafting video Tuesday night on YouTube and Facebook at 7pm central time.
Thanks so much for stopping by, have a great day!!
CLICK HERE On Shop Online – OrderwithAngie.com
Do you prewash your fabric?
Super cute bags! Love the adorable fabric and the fluffier top!
Thank you so much, Angie, for a pattern that doesn’t use directional fabric. Must order the erasable pens and the Bodkin. Can’t wait to start making them!
Oh, I love this one too! That fabric is adorable. Very nice, Angie.
Thanks for the PDF and the video. You are so thoughtful. I just bought a half yard
of the same fabric you used on the outside of the bag. Of course I had no idea what I was using it for. Now I do. Thanks again. Smiles and have a wonderful week.
Another cute bag Angie!!