How to Make a Drawstring Bag with Chic n Scratch, Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Angie Juda
These Drawstring Bags are super easy to make!! And, all you need is two Fat Quarters.
You need three pieces of fabric and I used One Fine Day by Bonnie & Camille for Moda Fabrics. I love this line of fabric and have stocked piled it for future projects!!
- Outside fabric: 11″ x 20″
- Lining fabric: 11″ x 10″ (two)
You also need your Basic Sewing Supplies.
How to Video
Step by Step instructions on how to make the Drawstring Bag.
Click HERE to Print the Drawstring Bag Instruction Sheet.
These are the supplies I used in my video that you can find on my Chic n Scratch Amazon Shop.
- Bernina Sewing Machine 350
- One Fine Day by Bonnie & Camille for Moda Fabrics
- Cricut Mini Iron
- Sew Tites
- Twill Tape
- Friction Ball Erasable Pen
- Lori Holt Stork Scissors
- Creative Grids 12-1/2” x 24-1/2” Ruler
- Creative Grids 4-1/2” x 8-1/2” Ruler
- Fiskars Rotary Cutter
- Quilting Safety Pins
- Ruler 2.5” x 8”
- Aurifil Thread
The Chic n Scratch labels were purchased online at the Dutch Label Shop.
Free gift with a minimum $50 order.
**Please read all the details before placing an order using a Host Code.**
Extra Product in the STARTER Kit Featuring In Colors
- The Starter Kit includes an additional $66.50 USD of FREE 2022–2024 In Color products: In Color Grid Paper, In Color Ink Pad Collection, In Color Cardstock Collection, and In Color 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper Assortments.
- Cost is $99 and you can select any Stampin’ Up! products up to the $125
- You’ll also get a free Paper Pumpkin kit!
- I would LOVE to have you join our Chics Paper Ink team!! If you have any questions please contact me.
Just Stampin Tutorials
- Receive it FREE with any Stampin’ Up! order placed with me this month.
- Purchase the PDF tutorial for $9.95 (one month price). Click here to purchase.
- Join my Team! They get them free
- Click here to join my newsletter.
- Free Stampin’ Up! product with Chic Rewards – Free product of your choice by earning one Chic Reward for every $25. Click HERE for details.
- Stampin Rewards from Stampin’ Up! All orders of $150 or more receive free hostess dollars to spend on anything you’d like in the Stampin’ Up! Catalog. Redeem the Stampin’ Rewards at the time of your online order. Keep track of these orders and earn additional free product with our Chic Rewards program.
- Join Stampin’ Up! – $125 in product of your choice for $99. Hobby demos and business builders are welcome!
- Free Shipping on the Starter Kit
- Be a member of our amazing Chics Paper Ink group!
- Have a question? Please use our help desk email when you have a question.
Thanks so much for stopping by, have a great day!!
Click HERE to shop online – OrderwithAngie.com
Thank you for sharing love this! You gave wonderful instructions.
Looks like a good bag for Christmas gifts. Beautiful fabrics.
Adorable bag!! I can’t wait to make some! I have made many of your fabric baskets and everyone loves them. You always use the most beautiful fabrics. Thank you for sharing.
How cute. Thank you for the video and very good instructions.
And thank you for the tip on the Circut iron. And love the fabrics
that you choose.
A really adorable bag! I am going to try to make one right away. Thank you so much for sharing Angie, Peggy
I love your drawstring bag. I have a couple of questions. First, I don’t have a Bernina sewing machine – what size seams did you use to make the bag? Second, where do you find the patterns to make the cute things you sew?
Thank you for sharing your projects (which is taking time away from my stamping) :-). They have inspired me to start sewing again. I made quite a few of the fabric baskets.
I forgot a question. Unless I missed it your video, how long were your pieces of twill ribbon?
Angie these are fantastic! I am not a sewer, cannot do this but would love to purchase a couple from you. Will you be able to take an order from me? Thanks!
I LOVE that you share this information! we are all creative in many ways and I will definitely be completing some of these! I hope to donate to a woman’s shelter soon.
THANKS for encouraging us all in many creative ways.
I swear I learn something everytime you do a project. Never heard of those sew tites. What a great idea. This bag is darling, thank you so much for sharing.
Love the rain boots stamp
These bags are darling! Thanks so much for sharing the instructions. I love your sewing project videos. I can’t wait to make some.
Oh my goodness, Angie! Just had a chance to watch your tutorial on making these little bags. I have made them in the past, but your directions seem so much easier! Super cute! Going to make some for sure! Thanks so much for sharing. You’re the best!!!
Angie, I just made 2 of those cute little bags. Thanks for the tutorial.
This turned out so cute! Thanks for the tutorial!
Great little bag
Hi! Wondering where you got the board you used for ironing in the draw string bag video? Thanks, Chris Port
You are the best sewing teacher. Thank you for sharing your talent with us!
It is so refreshing to watch your videos, and I just love your accent!!!