How to Make a Fabric Basket with Chic n Scratch, Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Angie Juda
These Fabric Baskets are super easy to make!! And, you get 2 Fabric Baskets out of two Fat Quarters.
Fat Quarters measure 22″ x 18″ and you’re going to cut your fabric to measure 10″ x 18″. But, if you find your Fat Quarter just shy of 18″ that’s okay, just make sure you cut all three layers the same size (for example 10″ x 17″).
You need three pieces and all three will measure 10″ x 18″:
- Outside fabric (mine was the flower print)
- Lining fabric
- Fusible Fleece
You’ll also need your Basic Sewing Supplies (sewing machine, iron, scissors, clips or pins), And, a Walking Foot will make it so much easier to sew!!
These Reversible Fabric Baskets were made with the Hello Darling by Bonnie and Camille for Moda Fabrics and it may be hard to find. It was one of my favorites and I stock piled it (kinda like paper crafters stock pile their Designer Series Paper). Any of the fabric by Bonnie and Camille for Moda Fabrics would work for the baskets! I made this quilt for my aunt Cecilia using the Daysail Fabric.
How to Video
Step by Step instructions on how to make the Fabric Basket.
These are the supplies I used in my video that you can find on my Chic n Scratch Amazon Shop.
- Fusible Fleece
- Tiny Crafts Sewing Clips
- Aurifil Thread
- Creative Grid Ruler
- Clove 5031 Thick Erasable Marker
- Comic Book Boards to organize fabric
The Chic n Scratch labels were purchased online at the Dutch Label Shop.
The Fabric Basket I made is my video will also serve as a Tissue Box Holder… you just don’t fold the fabric over as much. That’s the beauty of this Reversible Fabric Basket is that you can change which side you show and you can fold the top down a lot … or just a little.
Looking for the other sizes?
My picture shows three different sizes of fabric baskets. All three are made the same way, the only difference is the size of fabric. Here they are:
- 10″ x 18″ (shown in video)
- 7″ x 18″ (orange basket)
- 11″ x 18″ (largest basket)
Thank YOU for stopping by and have a great day!
- Sale a Bration – Receive free Sale a Bration gifts from Stampin’ Up! with a $50 or more! Click HERE to view them.
- Free Stamps or Dies with Chic Rewards – Earn a Free Stamp Set or Dies by earning one Chic Reward for every $25. Click HERE for details on you can earn a Free Stamp Set or Dies.
- Coordination Product Release – Six products that coordinate with the Mini Catalog and Sale a Bration. Click HERE for details.
- Little Ladybug Host Stamp Set – All orders of $300 or more will receive the Little Ladybug Host Stamp Set from Stampin’ Up! Little Ladybug Host Stamp Set Item #152384 – Ladybugs Dies #153588
- Stampin Rewards from Stampin’ Up! All orders of $150 or more receive free hostess dollars to spend on anything you’d like in the Stampin’ Up! Catalog. Redeem the Stampin’ Rewards at the time of your online order.
- Join Stampin’ Up! for $99 – There’s no better time to join Stampin’ Up! than during Sale-A-Bration, when you get special perks that you won’t see any other time of year. Sign up between now and March 31, and you will receive: Mini Paper Trimmer, 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper Sampler, Your choice of a stamp set. You can read more information about joining Stampin’ Up! and my awesome Chics Paper Ink group by clicking here. Click here to Join Now
Stampin’ Anonymous Tutorials
You have three ways to get this amazing tutorial….
- Receive it FREE with any Stampin’ Up! order placed with me this month.
- Purchase the PDF tutorial for $9.95 (one month price). Click here to purchase the tutorial.
- Join my Team! They get them free!
February 15th – 29th Host Code: WUKCFGTQ
March 1st – 15th Host Code: Q4TAEHAD
**Please read all the details before placing an order using a Host Code.**