Ambleside Quilt with Angie Juda
I made this quilt a while ago and although I loved the fabric I thought it had turned out too long and not wide enough. But…. this quilt has turned out to be be one of my most favorite!!
So, I decided to share it here on my Chic n Scratch blog. I don’t have a video for it, but it’s pretty straight forward once you cut the fabric.
I used Seven (7) Fat Quarters and the picture below shows the quilt top before I gave it to my long arm quilter.
- Quilt measures: 47 x 72
- Fabric Line: Ambleside by Moda Fabrics
- Fabric needed: 7 Fat Quarters & White Jelly Roll + backing and binding fabric
- 7 rectangles/blocks across – 6 rectangles/blocks down.
- 7 patterns of fabric – you need 6 rectangles of each pattern.
- Each Rectangle measures: 5 x 10
- Attach a white 2-1/2 x 5 rectangle to the bottom of each 5 x 10 rectangle.
- 10 Sashing Strips (I used White Jelly Roll Strips)
- Attach a 2-1/2 x 5 white strip to the bottom of each rectangle (except bottom row – that will be a long sashing strip)
I do not have a pattern for this quilt…. but, the Fat Quarter Bundle included 8 fat quarters of the same fabric line ….. I choose five of them to start with and then changed it to seven. Then I cut 6 rectangles that measure 5 x 10 out of each fat quarter.
Next I placed the rectangles on my design wall … and proceeded to move them around until I found a pattern I liked. The picture below shows that it wasn’t working and that I needed to add a few more rows to get the colors in sync. After I added two more rows I re-positioned the rows.
For the sashing I used a White Jelly Roll (on the sides, top and bottom).
Here’s the finished Quilt (after I washed it)….
Brooke was home this weekend on fall break and we had a very nice visit with her and the birds (Elvis and Gizmo). We had Sushi on Friday… played Pokemon Go on Saturday. I took her to the house we are thinking about building and she packed up and left just a few minutes ago 🙁 Here’s a few pictures ….
Thanks & have a great day!
Stampin’ Anonymous Tutorials – October 2019
You have three ways to get this amazing tutorial….
- Receive it FREE with any Stampin’ Up! order placed with me this month.
- Purchase the PDF tutorial for $9.95 (one month price). Click here to purchase the tutorial.
- Join my Team! They get them free!
Stamp Club Online can help you budget your Stampin’ Up! purchases during your six month membership. Each month you’ll place a minimum order of $25 by the 15th of the month and at the end of six months you’ll receive $25 in Free Product of your choice.
- NEW – Members Only Website – If you’re not on Facebook you can now join and access the content.
- Four (4) Exclusive Video Tutorials each month
- Step by Step Instructions & Supply List for each project
- Click here for more details or to join Stamp Club Online
Chic Rewards is my frequent shopper program and it’s available to all my customers.
- Track your Orders and earn Chic Rewards.
- When you reach Twenty (20) Chic Rewards, you get a FREE Stamp Set of your choice or a FREE Framelits Set (valued at $45.00 from any current catalog).
- REDEEM – Claim your FREE Stamp Set or Framelits by filling out the online form.
- Special Note: Chic Rewards are not earned on orders using a Host Code.
- Click here for more details.
You can use the Chic Stand to hold these items …
- Take Your Pick Tool
- Take Your Pick Tool stylus tip
- Paper Piercer
- Cookie Scribe Tool (Scribing Tool)
- Pins and Needles
October Host Code: YGQE3F9E
**Please read all the details before placing an order using a Host Code.**