My card today is for our first sketch over at Chic Challenges.
Chic Challenges is a bi-weekly sketch challenge site formed by my Chics • Paper • Ink team and we encourage you to participate!
Our Sketches will post on the 1st & 3rd Wednesday of every month and you’ll be given 7 days to post your creation. We’ll have a linky tool for you to share your projects from your blog or your photo sharing site (Flickr).
Chic Favorites will be announced on Thursdays following the close of the challenge. Click here if you’d like to check it out.
Here’s how I made this card …
- You’ll need the Creative Elements Stamp Set … along with the Papillon Potpourri stamp set with Pool Party ink.
- Take a 11 x 4-1/4 piece of Whisper White card stock and scored it at 5-1/2.
- Emboss the front of the Whisper White card stock with the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder.
- Cut a piece of Pool Party card stock that measures 4-1/4 x 1-1/4 and tie Pool Party Seam Binding around it. Add it to the card base.
- Cut out a 3″ Pool Party Circle using the 3″ Circle Die for the Big Shot Die Cut Machine.
- Cut out a 2-1/2 White circle using the 2-1/2 Circle Punch.
- Stamp “Create” with Pool Party ink at the top of the circle, then stamp the rest of the greeting as close to the bottom as possible.
- Attach it to the Pool Party Circle.
- Place both circles on the Stampin’ Trimmer and cut it.
- Add it to the card using Stampin Dimensionals.
- Stamp the butterfly (from Papillion Potpourri) on a piece of Whisper White card stock and then cut it out using the Elegant Butterfly Punch and add it to the card using a Mini Glue Dot.
- Add a Rhinestone to the butterfly using a paper piercer.
Here’s the Stampin’ Up! supply list.
- Stamps: Creative Elements – 122645 (W) 122647 (C), Papillon Potpourri – 123757 (W) 123759 (C)
- Ink: 126982 Pool Party
- Card Stock: 100730 Whisper White, 122924 Pool Party
- Tools & Accessories: 120175 Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, 127526 Elegant Butterfly Punch, 119246 Rhinestones, 126189 Paper Piercer, 126889 Stampin Trimmer, 104430 Stampin Dimensionals, 122125 – 3″ Circle Die, 120906 2-1/2 Circle Punch, 125582 Pool Party Seam Binding,113439 Big Shot Die Cut Machine
Thanks & have a great day!
p.s. Phone and internet seam to be working good today .. now I need to play catch up!!
Very pretty card and fun to see you starting up challenges. Your constantly working and producing (and creative) mind really “wows” me! You’re a non-stop gal; impressive and fun! 🙂
What a pretty card.. i love the color!
Wow! So stunning! I am soo proud to be a member of your group! Great job on this card and your 2nd one! Thanks for being such a wonderful inspiration!
Beautiful card Angie! I love the soft subtle look and the beautiful blue color to accent!
Another beautiful card with our beloved Pool Party….
I love your card! So clean and simple, yet so pretty!!!